Product Version: 10.5
Last Modified: 11 March 2022
What are some best practices for using the NAKIVO Backup & Replication API?
Best practices when using the NAKIVO API include:
- Use pagination: When querying large data sets, use pagination where available to reduce clutter.
- Monitor CPU and memory: When running multiple requests in parallel or using request bundling (multiple requests in one HTTP request), monitor CPU and memory load on the processing server. Keeping CPU and memory usage at reasonable levels can prevent unwanted service interruption.
- Enable debug dumps: You may enable the export of API request-response logs for debugging purposes using the steps below:
- Enable Expert mode.
- Go to Settings > Expert and enable the system.debug.mode.enabled and system.debug.mode.log.api.requests settings.
- Once these options are enabled, the log file will be exported to logs\0\web_requests.log.