Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 11 January 2016
Cannot create a Backup Repository on a CIFS share with NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
Backup repository creation process fails with an error.
A Backup Repository is a folder used by NAKIVO Backup & Replication to store VM backups.
When you create a Backup Repository, NAKIVO Backup & Replication creates a folder named “NakivoBackup” in the specified location and keeps backup data and metadata in that folder.
Please make sure that:
- The folder where you want to create the Backup Repository already exists on the share.
- Credentials you are using to access the share have “read and write” permissions.
- You are using a correct path to the share.
- You can access the share from the machine where Transporter is installed.
- Try using IP address of the share server instead of hostname to eliminate possible DNS issues.
If that doesn’t help, please send us a.