Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 25 May 2020
Cannot create a Backup Repository on a CIFS share with NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
The Backup Repository creation process fails with an error.
A Backup Repository is a folder used by NAKIVO Backup & Replication to store VM backups. When you create a Backup Repository, NAKIVO Backup & Replication creates a folder named “NakivoBackup” in the specified location and stores backup data and metadata in that folder.
Make sure that:
- The folder where you want to create the Backup Repository already exists on the share.
- The credentials that you are using to access the share have “read and write” permissions.
- You are using a correct path to the share.
- You can access the share from the machine on which the Transporter is installed.
- Try using the IP address of the share server instead of the hostname to eliminate possible DNS issues.
If this doesn’t help, send a