Object Recovery Wizard for Microsoft Exchange: Objects
On the Objects page of the wizard, select Microsoft Exchange objects for recovery. Proceed as described in the following sections:
- Searching for Microsoft Exchange Objects
- Browsing Microsoft Exchange Objects
- Viewing Microsoft Exchange Objects
- Selecting Microsoft Exchange Objects to Recover
NAKIVO Backup & Replication allows you to search for emails. The search functionality, however, has the following limitations:
- The product can search for emails only by email subject or email body
- If text formatting (such as “bold text”) is applied to a keyword that is searched for, the search may not find the keyword due to formatting conversion issues.
- The product does not create or maintain an index of the Exchange database contents. The search is performed on the fly and can take a long time to complete.
To speed up the search, perform the search within a particular folder, rather than in a mailbox.
To search for an email by its subject or body, type a word in the Search field and press Enter.
The search is performed starting from the point selected in the left (Navigation) pane. For example, if you have selected Mailbox Database > John Smith, the search will be performed only inside the John Smith mailbox.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication scans the selected recovery point for Microsoft Exchange databases (files with “.edb” extension) and displays the list of found databases in the left pane.
Not all of the found database files contain Microsoft Exchange objects that can be recovered by the product. To browse Microsoft Exchange objects, expand the appropriate database in the left pane.
To view a Microsoft Exchange object such as an email, click the object. Object contents will be displayed.
In the right pane, select checkboxes next to files and folders you want to recover. The number of items selected for recovery is displayed at the bottom of the wizard page. You can also:
Click show to view the list of all items selected for recovery.
Click clear selection to clear the list of items selected for recovery.
Click hide to hide the list of items selected for recovery.
For successful recovery of databases, make sure that the Exchange Server license supports the number of databases you plan to recover.
After selecting objects for recovery, click Next to go to the next page of the wizard.