Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
New Features in v6.0
- AWS EC2 Support: Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud (AWS EC2) instances can be backed up and replicated in the same AWS region, across AWS regions, or offsite.
- Backup Copy Jobs: Enables copying backups from one repository to another repository. The backup copy can be run on demand or on schedule, and use the original or a custom retention policy.
- VMs and Templates View: Added the vSphere's “VMs and Templates” view to job wizards.
- Native NFS Shares Support: Backup repositories can be created on NFS shares directly from the web UI.
- Internationalization: Date/time format, first day of the week, and the decimal symbol can be customized.
- Live Charts: Speed and Transferred Data charts display live information during the job run.
- Web Interface Redesign: New fonts, icons, page background, dashboards and menus.
- AWS EC2 instances with Marketplace Code are not supported for backup in v6.0
Improvements in v6.0
- Improved Microsoft Exchange email encoding processing
- Improved CBT error handling
- Improved automatic CBT reset
- Improved OS quiescing error handling
- Copied repository can be imported without removing the original one
- Configurable compression during data transfer
- Display name was added for Inventory items
- Previous job schedule is stored internally if scheduling is disabled
- Additional VMX settings were added for replicas and recovered VMs
- Improved error messages for Exchange log truncation
- Debug logging can be enabled for transporters in web UI
Fixed Issues in v6.0
- Exchange log truncation on some configurations
- Repository maintenance interruption
- Recovery of IDE disks to specific ESXi versions
- MAC address handling during recovery or flash boot
- Number of job-level re-tries
- Size of selected disks displayed on Dashboard
- Icon display in job reports
- Job scheduling issue when the next day is deselected
Known Issues in v6.0
- Synology DSM v6 is not supported by Windows installer for NAS
- v6.0 update can be applied only to v5.X; update from v4.X or older is not supported
- Encrypted repositories are not supported with RHEL/SLES (required packages are missing)
- NFS datastores cannot be used as target datastores for flash VM boot or screenshot verification
- Replica/recovered VM disks are always created as Lazy zeroed if a source VM has both lazy and eager zeroed
- Exchange OLR: Emails that were forwarded to recipient as attachments cannot be recovered from the mailbox
- Linux transporter should be used for replicating/backing up VMs with SATA disks
- Exchange Public Folders are not supported for granular recovery
- Default backup repository of the Virtual Appliance cannot be extended beyond 16 TB
- Application-aware processing for AWS EC2 may hang when using domain credentials
- Active Directory printers are skipped during recovered items import