Release Date: 2014-04-22
New Features in v4.0
- Instant Exchange Objects Recovery: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 enables browsing, searching, and recovering MS Exchange objects – such as emails – directly from compressed and deduplicated VMware VM backups, without the need to restore the entire VM first. This feature is 100% agentless, works right out of the box, and does not require creating a special lab or run a special backup type (Exchange objects can be recovered even from existing NAKIVO backups created by previous versions of the product).
- Exchange Log Truncation: Exchange Server database transaction logs record all changes to an Exchange Server database. Over time, these log files accumulate and can consume all of the available disk space, if not periodically removed. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v4 provides the option to truncate Exchange Server logs after a successful backup. This feature is also purely agentless and works right out of the box.
- Backup Verification: With backup verification, the product checks VM backups at the block level and ensures that the data written to the backup repository is identical to the data that was read from the source VM, thus verifying that application objects, files, and the entire VM can be recovered.
Improvements in v4.0
- Logs from remote Transporters are automatically included in Support Bundle
- User interface for VM mapping was made more visible
- Wizard steps display was updated
Fixed Issues in v4.0
- Failing replication of VMs if certain device properties are changed
- Lack of confirmation message during tenant deletion
- Email report display issues
Known Issues in v4.0
- Only emails can be viewed and recovered with Microsoft Exchange objects recovery
- If a storage group contains more than one database, the log files will be truncated only for the first database
- If circular logging is enabled for the first database in a database group, the log truncation will be canceled for all databases with the “circular logging is enabled” error
- Product update from versions 2.0 and earlier is not supported
- Recovery job editing is not available