Release Date: 2013-12-23
New Features in v3.8
- Backup Repository Self-Healing: Network connectivity disruptions, change of credentials and permissions, improper backup repository detach and third-party software intervention can cause metadata and backup data to be locked, partially written, or even corrupted in a backup repository. To ensure backup repository integrity, NAKIVO introduces the self-healing feature. The product runs automatic and scheduled self-checks to verify backup repository consistency and automatically repairs discovered errors.
- vSphere 5.5 Support: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v3.8 now fully supports the most recent release of VMware vSphere (5.5), including support for 62TB virtual disks.
- Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Support: In addition to supporting the latest VMware hypervisor, the new version also adds support for the resent Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems.
Improvements in v3.8
- “.lock” file is introduced to prohibit concurrent access to repository by different Transporters or multiple instances of same Transporter
- SerialID is introduced into metadata header to be used as a signal for the latest metadata file identifier
- Trailing record is introduced to ensure that metadata file is written/read completely
- Redirection from HTTP ports 80 and 8080 to the web HTTPS port
- Improved handling of cases when repository is out of space
- Improved error messaging
Known Issues in v3.8
- Product update from versions 2.0 and earlier is not supported
- Recovery job editing is not available