Release Date: 2013-09-09
New Features in v3.5
- Staged Replication: To speed up the initial VM replication and save network bandwidth, NAKIVO Backup & Replication can perform staged replication: back up or replicate to a removable media (such as an external USB drive) and then create a new replication job that will use the transferred VMs as a target and perform only incremental replication.
- Reuse of Backups and Replicas: If a backup or replication job is lost (due to accidental job deletion or because jobs should be recreated in a new copy of the product) NAKIVO Backup & Replication enables to map source VMs to existing backups and replicas to avoid transferring full VM data over the network again.
- Static Ports Range for Data Transfer: NAKIVO Backup & Replication now enables to specify a static port range used by a Transporter to transfer data over the network.
Fixed Issues in v3.5
- Identification of unique ESXi hosts
- NFC error handling
- Jobs failure due to NPE
- Job failures due to local hostname resolving
- Datastores sorting
- Sequential processing of VM disks
Improvements in v3.5
- Space reuse in backup repositories
- Update to VDDK 5.1.1 library
- More visibility into backup repositories
- Alarms widget: visibility and usability updates
- Auto resize triggers for cloud integration
Known Issues in v3.5
- Product update from versions 2.0 and earlier is not supported
- Recovery job editing is not available
- File recovery for RAID, LVM and Windows Dynamic disks is not available
- VM recovery from Amazon with incomplete network configuration fails
- File recovery may work improperly under SLES and RHEL