Release Date: 2013-07-15
New Features in v3.2
- Network Acceleration: WAN and LAN links are often slow or have limited bandwidth, driving the need to optimize network utilization with technology that can reduce network traffic. With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, network acceleration is achieved with enhanced compression and traffic reduction techniques which enable 2X faster backup and replication, as well as recovery of VMs and files from local and offsite backups.
- vCloud Director Support: Answering the growing need for a data protection solution in a cloud environment, NAKIVO has added support for vCloud Director provisioned VMs. NAKIVO Backup & Replication can now back up and replicate vCloud Director vApps and vCloud Director provisioned VMs, recover files from vApp backups, as well as perform full VM recovery back into original vApps.
- RHEL and SLES Support: In addition to supporting latest Windows Server and Ubuntu Linux editions, NAKIVO Backup & Replication now supports Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), two of the most popular enterprise Linux systems. Now shops with only RHEL and SLES can install and operate NAKIVO without the need to deploy and maintain a new OS type.
- Transport Mode Selection: SAN is a popular solution for offloading production networks and servers from shared storage traffic. NAKIVO Backup & Replication now has a setting whether to lock a certain job to SAN transport mode only, use automatic transport mode selection, or retrieve VM data only by LAN.
- Command Line Interface: Many businesses today use software automation in their virtualized environments. In addition to job scheduling, NAKIVO has introduced a CLI that allows automating various actions with jobs and backup repositories, making it easier to script routine backup tasks.
Fixed Issues in v3.2
- The product can be installed on unsupported version of Windows
- Issues with local IP address changes
- Too many open files on Linux systems
- Amazon EC2 integration fails due to security rules problem
- A host cannot be discovered(updated) after the hypervisor update
- A host cannot be discovered when OEM specific info is too long
- A VM is duplicated in the inventory after the VM configuration change
- A vCenter cannot be discovered with custom web services port
- No automatic transporter service restart
- Lack of explanatory error messages for transporters
- Backups and recovery points cannot be deleted from the repository manually
- No functionality to free up the repository space after a backup is deleted
- Backup repository is always deleted during the product uninstallation
- Lack of explanatory error messages for backup repositories
- No option to process a VM only by one job at a time
- Issues with transporter automatic detection
- Issues with incremental VM replication
- Issues with RDM disks replication