Release Date: 2013-03-25
New Features in v3.0
- File Recovery from any Backup: Whether VMs are backed up to a local server, remote office, or a public cloud, NAKIVO Backup & Replication v3 can recover files from those VM backups quickly and easily. With the advanced architecture of NAKIVO Backup & Replication, files can be browsed, searched for, and downloaded directly from any VM backup, regardless of whether a backup repository is located on site or thousand miles away.
- Single-Click Integration with Amazon: While NAKIVO Backup & Replication has long supported manual integration with most popular public clouds – such as Azure, Google, and Rackspace – single-click integration with Amazon cloud now is available in version 3. Just fill out credentials, specify how much space to provision, and click a button - the rest is done automatically in less than 10 minutes.
- Advanced Reporting: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v3.0 provides VM backup, replication and recovery reporting on any job, group of jobs, or all defined jobs. Additionally, reports can be scheduled, automatically generated, and sent via email.
- Repository Detach: Backup repositories can now be detached from the product and moved to a different location. For example, this feature can be used to transfer initial backups from a local infrastructure to a remote office.
- Distributed Switches Support: VMware vSphere Distributed Switches are now fully supported for backup, replication, and recovery.
- Password Reset: The password used to log in to NAKIVO Backup & Replication can now be reset in the product UI.
- CIFS Shares Support for Linux Transporters: Linux-based Transporters can now connect to and use CIFS shares as a repository.
Fixed Issues in v3.0
- A host in the inventory cannot be discovered(updated) after the update
- A backup that is currently in use can be deleted from the repository
- It is possible to use a repository that was not actually added to the product