- Synology package
- Synology Transporter package
- Synology ARM package
- Synology ARM Transporter package
NAKIVO Backup & Replication can be installed directly on a supported Synology NAS to create your own, high-performance backup appliance. With the appliance, all VM data protection components are unified in a single system that is fast to deploy and easy to manage, while also not consuming the valuable resources of your environment. Moreover, you are getting an all-in-one backup hardware, backup software, backup storage, and data deduplication in a single box. This results in a zero VMware footprint, less power and cooling, less maintenance, time, money, and – most of all – higher VM backup performance.
To install NAKIVO Backup & Replication on a Synology NAS, do the following:
- Download a Synology NAS package.
- In the Synology NAS management interface, open the Package Center.
- Open Settings:
- Select the Any publisher option under Trust Level on the General tab and click OK:
- Click Manual Install.
- Click Browse, navigate to the Synology NAS package that you have downloaded, select it, and click Open.
- Click Next. The package is uploaded to your NAS.
- Click Apply.
That's it, NAKIVO Backup & Replication is installed on your NAS. To open NAKIVO Backup & Replication Web interface, go to the following address in your web browser: https://NAS_IP_address:4443, or click NAKIVO Backup & Replication icon in the main menu of the NAS.
If you installed NAKIVO Backup & Replication on an ARM-based NAS, an additional Transporter needs to be added to your application to allow working with VMware vCenters and ESXi hosts. Please refer to the Adding VMware vCenters and ESXi Hosts topic for details.