Before you start backing up items from your Microsoft 365 account, you need to add the Microsoft 365 account to the NAKIVO Backup & Replication inventory.
Adding Microsoft 365 Account to Inventory
To add a Microsoft 365 account to the inventory, do the following:
- Check if you meet Microsoft 365 requirements.
- Click Settings in the left pane of the product.
- Go to the Inventory tab and click Add New.
- In the dialog that opens, click Microsoft 365 account.
- The Add New Microsoft 365 Account page opens. Provide the following information:
- Display name: Enter the preferred name for the account.
- Services: Select one or several Microsoft 365 services that you want to back up:
- Exchange Online
- OneDrive for Business
- SharePoint Online
- Tenant ID: Enter your Azure Tenant ID created when registering your Microsoft 365 account in the Azure Portal.
- Azure Client ID: Enter your Azure Client ID created when registering your Microsoft 365 account in the Azure Portal.
- Azure Client Secret: Enter your Azure Client Secret obtained from the Azure Portal. For more information on obtaining the Azure credentials, refer to the Obtaining Microsoft 365 Credentials section.
- Username: Provide the administrator username required for SharePoint Online support. If left empty, SharePoint Online data will not be discovered.
- Password: Provide the password required for SharePoint Online support. If left empty, SharePoint Online data will not be discovered.
- Click Add. The Microsoft 365 account has been added to the inventory.
Obtaining Microsoft 365 Credentials
To obtain the credentials required to add a Microsoft 365 account to the NAKIVO Backup & Replication inventory, follow the steps below:
- Open the Azure Portal by going to portal.azure.com
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure with your Microsoft 365 account credentials.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the Dashboard or from the Portal Menu.
- In the left menu, click App registrations.
- Click New registration on the App registrations page.
- On the Register an application page, enter a name for the application and click Register.
The application has been successfully registered and Tenant ID and Azure Client ID are displayed (Directory (tenant) ID and Application (client) ID respectively).
- Click View API Permissions to add the necessary permissions.
- Click Microsoft Graph.
- Click on the Application permissions tab.
Provide the necessary API permissions. Refer to Required API Permissions from Microsoft 365 for details.
- To skip discovering Exchange Online mailboxes, OneDrives, or SharePoint Online sites in the inventory, disable the API permissions for the corresponding service.
- If the necessary API permissions for Microsoft Exchange Online/OneDrive for Business/SharePoint Online are not provided, the corresponding service will not be discovered by NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Click Update Permissions.
- Click Certificates & secrets>New client secret to create a new client secret for your app.
- Enter a description for the client secret, select the expiration period, and click Add.
The new Client secret is generated.
Make sure you jot down the client secret id somewhere safe; If you lose it, you will need to generate a new one.