Product Version: 9.2
Last Modified: 27 February 2020
All supported Windows versions (2019-2016-2012r2-2012-2088r2) on Nutanix produce the following error when running a Nutanix AHV backup job with app-aware mode enabled:
Message: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This problem occurs due to a lack of permissions granted to the Volume Shadow Copy Service.
To solve this problem, provide the necessary permissions to SYSTEM and Network Service. Take the following steps:
- Open the Component Services panel.
- Expand the Component Services > Computers nodes.
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties. A new window opens.
- Select COM Security tab.
- In the Access Permissions, click on the Edit Default button.
- If there are no SYSTEM and Network Service users in the list, add them.
- Select the necessary SYSTEM user from the list and grant them Local Access permission by selecting the Allow checkbox.
- Repeat the same actions for the Network Service user.
- Close all opened windows and restart the machine.
If you keep experiencing the same problem, contact the NAKIVO support team.