Product Version: 10.3
Last Modified: 11 May 2021
The backup job of a physical machine fails with the following error:
This error can occur for several reasons. One of the reasons is running a physical server backup job when the LVM allocation snapshot size of the LVM volumes exceeds the set size limit. The other common reason is that the snapshot was deleted.
In case the error occurred due to the deletion of the snapshot, restart the machine and rerun the backup job.
To solve the snapshot size problem, you need to increase the maximum snapshot allocation size. Do the following:
For a Linux physical machine, it can be done via NAKIVO Backup & Replication interface:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to the General tab and click System settings.
- In the Processing Options section, increase the maximum snapshot allocation size by configuring the LVM allocation snapshot size feature.
For a Windows physical machine, do the following on the Windows machine (Windows Server 2016 example):
- Right click on the Start menu and select Computer Management.
- Go to Action > All Tasks > Configure Shadow Copies.
- Click Settings.
- Adjust the Maximum size to the one you need.
- Click OK.