Product Version: 7.0
Last Modified: 02 Feb 2017
The following error message appears:
The application-aware mode for Hyper-V uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication injects a runtime VSS Driver into the VM.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication requests the VSS Driver to create a quiesced checkpoint.
- VSS Driver uses VSS inside a Windows VM to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If OS quiescing fails to create an application-consistent checkpoint, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
Hyper-V 2016 has an implementation of VSS, so it is used for the Application-aware mode.
The error may be caused by:
- Incorrect credentials to the VM
- Insufficient level of permissions
- VM access:
- Incorrect Windows firewall configuration inside the VM
- Integration services:
- Integration services are not configured properly.
- Incorrect configuration of the VM OS
- Credentials. Make sure that:
- You are using the right credentials for the VM.
- Credentials you are using have administrative permissions.
- VM access. Make sure that:
- Windows firewall allows access to TCP port 9446 from the Director.
- Integration services. Check if they are up and running.
Make sure that the requirements for the Application-aware mode are met.