Product Version: 7.5
Last Modified: 13 August 2018
Backup, replication, and recovery of encrypted VMware VMs are performed similarly to those of non-encrypted VMware VMs, but there are some limitations for encrypted VMs:
- SAN data transfer mode is not supported.
- Encrypted VMs will be recovered into non-encrypted ones.
- Due to VMware limitations, the application-aware mode is not available for encrypted VMs, only crash-consistent VM backups and replicas can be created.
- To use Hot Add for VMware, the VM which hosts NAKIVO Backup & Replication Transporter must be encrypted as well.
- The recovered VM will not boot if the source VM was encrypted and had modified NVRAM settings (refer to https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1503).