Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 2 April 2020
How can I back up and recover vCenter VMs that are connected to dSwitch?
With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can back up and recover VMs connected to dSwitch in the same manner as you would back up and recover VMs connected to a standard switch. If an ESXi host is disconnected from a vCenter, NAKIVO Backup & Replication cannot recover backups using dSwitch if the port binding type of dSwitch has not been changed to Ephemeral - no binding prior to being disconnected from the vCenter.
To change a port binding type, do the following:
- Log in to the vSphere client and go to the Networking section.
- Right-click on the dSwitch you are using and select Distributed Port Group > New Distributed Port Group.
- Specify the Name of the port group and click Next.
- Select Ephemeral – no binding from the Port binding drop-down list.
- Select VLAN type, enter VLAN ID, and click Next.
- Click Finish.