Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 1 April 2020
NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays the following alarm:
During NAKIVO Backup & Replication installation, the JVM memory parameters are configured based on the auto-detected host memory size. However, the application may require more memory than detected automatically. If the NAKIVO Backup & Application Director has less than 10% of JVM memory available, the product will display the error message informing that the Director is about to run out of memory. Running the Director out of memory can cause the corruption of the product database.
To allocate more RAM to the NAKIVO Director service you need to extend the JAVA heap memory size parameters. To do this, take the following steps:
- Stop NAKIVO Backup & Replication Director service.
- Increase the maximum heap size (Xmx) and minimum heap size (Xms) in the following NAKIVO Backup & Replication configuration file:
- For Windows OS: native\win32\backup_replication-service.ini
- For Linux: choose the file that corresponds with your distribution and startup system:
- For NAS devices: You can find the file on your NAS device by running the following command:
find / -name "nkv-dirsvc"
Example (for Windows OS)
C:\Program Files\NAKIVO Backup & Replication\native\win32\backup_replication-service.iniJVM values:
Keep in mind that it is not possible to set JAVA heap memory size parameters larger than RAM size.
3. Start NAKIVO Backup & Replication Director service.
If the error keeps appearing, increase the memory settings until you no longer experience this error.