Product Version: 10.1
Last Modified: 27 October 2020
Failure to log in to NAKIVO Backup & Replication due to the following error:
This NAKIVO Backup & Replication error indicates that the JVM is spending too much time in Garbage Collection (GC), and it does not free up enough memory. It is also often accompanied by high CPU use, as the JVM to run GC may require intensive resources. This can lead to NAKIVO Backup & Replication becoming unresponsive.
To solve the problem you need to increase Java heap memory size parameters: maximum heap size (Xmx) and minimum heap size (Xms),
To do this, take the following steps:
- Stop NAKIVO Backup & Replication Director service.
- Increase Xmx (e.g. double the value) and, optionally, Xms in the NAKIVO Backup & Replication configuration file. Path to the file location is:
- For Windows OS: native\win32\backup_replication-service.ini
- For Linux OSes: choose the file that corresponds with your distribution and startup system:
- For NAS devices: You can find the file on your NAS device by running the following command: find / -name "nkv-dirsvc"
Example (for Windows OS)
File path: C:\Program Files\NAKIVO Backup & Replication\native\win32\backup_replication-service.ini
If the error persists, increase the memory settings until you no longer experience this error or send a support bundle to NAKIVO Support.