Product Version: 9.4
Last Modified: 30 April 2020
VMs with CentOS 6.x -7.x operating systems and EFI VM firmware fail to boot during a Flash VM Boot job run.
To fix this problem, take the following steps:
- Enter the BIOS setup.
- Select Boot Manager > Enter Setup > Config Boot Options > Add Boot Option.
- Select "NO VOLUME LABEL" and then select redhat\grub.efi.
- Enter a name for the new boot option, save the changes, and exit the Boot Manager.
- Select Config Boot Options > Change boot order. In the boot order list, make sure your newly created boot option is on the top, press Enter to save the changes and exit.
- In the Boot Manager, make sure the new boot order is correct and select Boot normally.
In case the boot file contains 2 boot options, one more screen appears. Select your newly created boot option.