Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 04 January 2016
The following error message appears:
- When the “Application-aware mode” is enabled, NAKIVO Backup & Replication uses guest OS quiescing to create VM snapshot.
- In turn, guest OS quiescing uses VSS to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If guest OS quiescing fails to create an application-consistent snapshot, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
- Update your virtual infrastructure (especially the hypervisor on the source host) to the latest version.
- Update VMware tools on the machines you protect to the latest version.
- Check if there are any Volume Shadow Copy Service errors in the Windows logs on the source VM.
- Try to manually create a snapshot with the following settings:
- "Snapshot the virtual machine's memory" option must be deselected.
- “Quiesce guest file system” option must be selected.
If the manual snapshot does not work, the problem is likely caused by VSS configuration.
- In Nutanix Prism, select the VM you want to protect and click Manage Guest Tools.
- In the Manage VM Guest Tools dialog, enable the following checkboxes:
- Enable Nutanix Guest Tools.
- Mount Nutanix Guest Tools - make sure that VM has at least one empty IDE CD-ROM slot to attach the ISO. For detailed information, refer to the Enabling and mounting Nutanix Guest Tools page.
- Volume Snapshot Service / Application Consistent Snapshots (VSS).
- After NGT are mounted into VM's CD-ROM, log in to the VM and install guest tools manually.
- Nutanix VSS snapshots of the VMs with delta, SATA, and IDE disks are not supported.
- Nutanix VSS snapshots fails if the VM has any iSCSI attachments.
For more information, refer to the Application-consistent snapshot guidelines page.