Product Version: 10.3.2
Last Modified: 18 August 2021
I tried to edit Protect until option but got an error. Does that mean I cannot edit it at all?
The failure to edit Protect until option could be due to one of the following reasons:
- Director to Transporter communication failed: Make sure the server housing NAKIVO Backup & Replication components is operational. Additionally, check the network connection.
- Recovery point metadata update failed: Make sure that backup data was not deleted or modified.
The Protected Until option can be enabled or edited at any time for every separate recovery point. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the main menu of NAKIVO Backup & Replication and click Settings.
- Go to the Repositories tab.
- Click a Backup Repository.
- Click on the name of the backup
- Hover over the name of the recovery point and click Edit on the right side of the screen.
- Make the necessary changes and click Apply when you’re done.
It is not possible to edit the Protected Until option in the following cases:
- For vCloud Director VMs, underlying vApps, and Tape
- The associated Transporter is inaccessible
- The backup object or recovery point is corrupted