Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 31 Dec 2015
What is the difference between Source Transporter and Target Transporter?
A Source Transporter:
- Reads data from the source Datastore during backup or replication
- Reads data from the Backup Repository during recovery
- Reads data from the source Backup Repository during backup copy
A Target Transporter:
- Writes data to the Backup Repository during backup
- Writes data to the target Datastore during replication or recovery
- Writes data to the target Backup Repository during backup copy
One Transporter can perform the function of both the Source and Target Transporter at the same time.
You might want to deploy multiple Transporters to:
- Send data over WAN more efficiently. In this case, you should install one Transporter in your Source Site and another one in your Target Site; then you can use Network Acceleration between the pair of Transporters.
Back up / replicate more VMs simultaneously. By deploying more Transporters you can distribute the workload among Transporters and backup/replicate more VMs simultaneously.