Product Version: 10.5.1
Last Modified: 16 May 2022
After selecting a date and server during Exchange recovery, expanding a database and clicking on a user returns the following error:
Database cannot be opened. Generic error happened while opening. Failed to complete recovery. Exception calling 'AutodiscoverUrl' with '2' argument(s): 'The Autodiscover service couldn't be located.' Export Exchange certificates from the Exchange admin center and add them to Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store via MMC.
If adding trusted certificates does not fix the issue, try the following:
- Run the following diagnostics command in Powershell, replacing the “identity” parameter with the appropriate email address:
Test-OutlookWebServices -identity:email@example.com -MailboxCredential:(Get-Credential) | fl
- If the above command returns a failure and authorization error, the problem could be resolved by disabling loopback check in the IIS. Start by opening the registry editor (RegEdit).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
- Right click on Lsa and select New → DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name this new registry key “DisableLoopbackCheck” and add it.
- Locate the new entry, double-click it to open, and enter 1 for the Value data parameter. Click OK to save.
- Restart the IIS by running the following command in the command-line interface:
Once the IIS restarts, try running mailbox recovery once more.