Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 12 March 2020
When adding a Windows 10 machine to NAKIVO Backup & Replication inventory with appropriate credentials that have local administrator access, the following error appears:
Provided user account has insufficient permissions
If a target Windows machine does not belong to one of the latest Active Directory domains (Windows 2003 and above), the problem is most likely caused by the enabled Remote UAC that prevents a local administrative account from accessing ADMIN$.
To solve this problem, disable Remote UAC by taking the following actions:
- On the machine that you want to add to the inventory, right-click the Start button and then choose Run.
regeditin the Open box and click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- Click the Edit tab, select New> DWORD value called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and assign it a value of 1.
- Optionally, reboot the machine.
- Add the physical machine to the inventory again.