Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 25 May 2020
You cannot create/add a Backup Repository on a Linux OS. The error message states that the Transporter cannot read and/or write to the specified location.
- Make sure the folder where you want to create/add the Backup Repository is managed by the “bhsvc” user.
To assign the “bhsvc” user to the folder, run the following command: chown –R bhsvc:bhsvc /path_to_the_folder
- In NAKIVO Backup & Replication, create or add the Backup Repository.
After the Backup Repository is created or added, make sure that files and folders have correct permissions:
- Navigate to the Backup Repository folder.
For example: cd /path_to_the_folder/NakivoBackup
- List directory contents by running the following command: ll
- Make sure that the “transit” and “raw” folders have the following permissions:
- Make sure that the “.desc” and “.desc2” files have the following permissions:
- If permissions are different, set the right permissions by running the following commands:
chmod 77 /path_to_the_folder/NakivoBackup/folder_name
chmod 64 /path_to_the_folder/NakivoBackup/file_name