Product Version: 10.0
Last Modified: 07 July 2020
How can I automate the copying of a Backup Repository?
You can use a backup copy job to copy your backups.
The following example describes the procedure for copying a Backup Repository to a USB drive with NAKIVO Backup & Replication installed on Windows.
- Use the command-line interface to find the ID for your Backup Repository by executing the
- Create the pre- and post-job scripts:
- A pre-job script must attach the Backup Repository.
- A post-job script must detach the Backup Repository and copy it to the USB drive.
binfolder in the product installation folder.
The job must be set to wait for the pre-job script to complete and should fail if the script fails.
The scripts will trigger the copying of the entire repository content after each job run.
- The Backup Repository must be detached while copying the contents.
- You can use the same approach to copy the Backup Repository to a shared folder at another server.
In the current example, we assume that:
- The Backup Repository is located in the root of C: drive.
In this case, the backups will be located in the C:\NakivoBackup folder.
- The ID of the Backup Repository is 1.
- The secondary location is USB drive F: