With single-tenant deployment, an instance of NAKIVO Backup & Replication is usually accessible by a single customer. The customer has their own independent database that, like the product itself, is not shared with anyone else. Most businesses and organizations choose single-tenant deployment.
With multi-tenant deployment, a single instance of NAKIVO Backup & Replication can serve multiple business units or customers. Each tenant’s data can be isolated and remain inaccessible to other tenants. Large businesses and managed service providers providing their clients with SaaS, BaaS, RaaS, or DRaaS frequently choose multi-tenant deployment.
Advantages of single-tenant deployment:
- Security. Each customer’s data is completely separate from all other’s.
- Reliability. The performance of one NAKIVO Backup & Replication instance is not affected by the performance of other instances.
- Simplicity. Maintenance of tenants is not needed.
Advantages of multi-tenant deployment:
- Data isolation. Each tenant only has access to their own jobs and environment.
- Easy maintenance. Configuration, new features, and updates can be rolled out by a super user from the NAKIVO Backup & Replication master site.
To get your instance of NAKIVO Backup & Replication running in multi-tenant mode, the following is required:
- You have enabled the multi-tenant mode during the product installation.
- You have applied for a NAKIVO Backup & Replication multi-tenant license. The licensing is provided based on source machines and source instances. Refer to Licensing for details.
When planning your multi-tenant infrastructure, pay attention to Operational Limits for NAKIVO Backup and Replication.
After product installation, you will not be able to switch from multi-tenant mode to single-tenant mode and vice versa.