Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 31 Dec 2015
Error message is stating that an error has occurred while backing up/replicating/recovering one or more disks of the VM.
- There might be a problem with resolving ESXi host DNS name on the machine where the Transporter is installed.
- ESXi host might have multiple IPs in different networks, while some of them are not reachable by the Transporter.
Make sure that:
- Source and target ESXi hosts can be pinged from the appropriate Transporter (using both DNS name and IP).
- If ping fails, edit the HOSTS file on the Transporter machine and specify the proper DNS resolution rules.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication requires the following TCP ports to be open:
|TCP Port |
|4443||Director||Used by web browser to access the Director web UI. Must be open on the machine where the Director is installed.|
|9446||Transporter||Used by Director and Transporters for communication with a Transporter. Must be open on the machine where the Transporter is installed.|
|94447-10000||Transporter||Used by Transporters for cross-Transporter data transfer. Must be open on the machine where the Transporter is installed.|
Used by Director and Transporters to access VMware infrastructure. Must be open on vCenter Servers, source and target ESXi hosts.
Used by Transporters to access VMware infrastructure. Must be open on source and target ESXi hosts.
Make sure that:
- Required ports are not used by other applications.
- Required ports are not blocked by firewall.
Unexpected Server Outage
- Source or target ESXi host might be disconnected or powered off.
- Source or target Transporter might be disconnected or powered off.
Make sure all ESXi hosts and all Transporters are available.