The following error message appears:
When the “Application aware mode” is enabled, the checkpoint works as follows:
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication injects a runtime VSS Driver into the instance.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication requests the VSS Driver to create a quiesced snapshot.
- VSS Driver uses VSS inside a Windows instance to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If OS quiescing fails to create application-consistent snapshot, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
The error may be caused by:
- Incorrect credentials to the VM
- Insufficient level of permissions
- VM access:
- Incorrect configuration of the VM security group
- Incorrect Windows firewall configuration inside the instance
- VM configuration:
- Incorrect configuration of the VM OS
- Credentials. Make sure that:
- You are using the right credentials for the instance.
- Credentials you are using have administrative permissions.
- VM access. Make sure that:
- Instance security group allows access to TCP ports 445 and 9446 from the Director.
- Windows firewall allows access to TCP port 9446 from the Director.
- Instance configuration.
- Make sure that the requirements for the Application-aware mode are met.