Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 06 Jan 2016
A partition cannot be opened during file recovery. An error message is displayed:
This error message appears in the following case:
- Virtual disk from the backup was successfully mounted to the Transporter.
- Partition table of the mounted disk was processed successfully.
- OS of the Transporter could not recognize / could not understand the file system.
Such problem can be caused by the following factors:
- You are trying to recover files from a file system which is not supported.
- You are trying to recover files from a Linux file system using a Windows-based Transporter.
- The Transporter OS does not have appropriate drivers for this file system.
- The partition is a raw partition and does not have a file system.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you are recovering files from a supported file system.
- If you are using a Windows-based Transporter:
- If the OS of your Transporter does not have appropriate drivers:
- Install a proper file system driver on the Transporter machine.
- Try recovering files again.