To add Hyper-V servers to the product, follow the steps below:
- Click Configuration in the upper right corner of the product.
- Go to the Inventory tab and click Add New.
- Click Microsoft Hyper-V host in the pop-up that appears:
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Display name: Type a name for the host that will be displayed in the inventory
- Hostname or IP: Specify the hostname or IP address of the Hyper-V server.
- Username and Password: Specify credentials of the Hyper-V server that you want to add to the inventory.
NOTE: The credentials you specify should have full administrative privileges to the Hyper-V server
- WS MAN port: Specify the port number for WS MAN
- Click Add.
After the process has completed successfully, you can exit Configuration and create jobs with the newly discovered VMs.
NOTE: When adding a new Hyper-V server to the inventory, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will automatically install the Transporter service onto the server. This service will be used to read data from source VMs during backup and replication.