Release Date: 2017-12-11
Deduplication Appliances Support
NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides support for enterprise-grade deduplication appliances such as EMC Data Domain, HP StoreOnce, NEC Hydrastor, Quantum DXi, and other similar appliances, which can be used as a backup target. NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides a special backup repository type with the special architecture optimized for working with deduplication devices. Thus, before backing up VM data to a deduplication appliance, you can choose to use this repository type, and your data will be backed up to the storage server at a great performance level.
Native Package for Western Digital NAS
The native package for supported Western Digital NAS servers is now available and enables deploying NAKIVO Backup & Replication directly on the NAS. Support for the following new WD MyCloud NAS models has been added:
- My Cloud PR2100
- My Cloud PR4100
Support for new Synology NAS Servers
The new version provides support for the Synology NAS models featuring Appollolake and Broadwellnk CPU architecture.
- VMware VDDK v6.5.2 has been included
Windows Dynamic disks are now supported for file recovery and SQL object recovery.
- SQL object level recovery is now available for Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- SQL object level recovery is now available for x86 SQL instances
- Interaction with Hyper-V is done via SMBv2 instead of less secure SMBv1
It is possible to set number of backups and folder path used for product database backups
New API methods are introduced
Job Dashboard speed has been improved
VM recovery job allows not to connect recovered VM to a network
Multiple SQL object level recovery and log truncation issues were fixed.
It was impossible to remove Hyper-V host from Inventory in some configurations
- CBT Driver for Hyper-V 2012 (R2) is not available (this feature will be available in one of the next releases)
- Flash VM Boot and Screenshot Verification for Hyper-V are not available (this feature will be available in one of the next releases)
- Encrypted repositories are not supported with RHEL/SLES (required packages are missing)
- NFS datastores cannot be used as target datastores for flash VM boot or screenshot verification
- Replica/recovered VM disks are always created as Lazy zeroed if source VM had both Lazy and Eager zeroed disks
- Exchange OLR: Emails that were forwarded to recipient as attachments cannot be recovered from the mailbox
- Linux transporter should be used for replicating/backing up VMs with SATA disks
- Exchange Public Folders are not supported for granular recovery
- Default backup repository of the Virtual Appliance cannot be extended beyond 16 TB
- Application-aware processing for AWS EC2 may freeze when using domain credentials
- Replica AMIs and recovered EC2 instances have "Platform" attribute set to "Other Linux" due to AWS API limitations
- Active Directory printers are skipped during recovered items import
- First Class Disk (FCD) cannot be backed up if it is not attached to any VM
- VSS quiescing is not supported for encrypted VMs
- HotAdd is not supported if the VA with Nakivo Backup & Replication has the same BIOS UUID as the VM to be backed up or replicated
- Swap file skipping is not supported for the Dynamic Disks
- If the same Hyper-V VM is processed by multiple jobs simultaneously and those jobs are started at the same time, some of the jobs may fail to create VM checkpoint.
Recovery job on Hyper-V does not allow creating VMs with identical names.
Backup and replication of Hyper-V VMs with shared drives are not supported.
- Linux swap in files currently is not skipped. Only Linux swap partitions are supported.
- Older versions of ESXi (4.1, 5.0, 5.1) require an installation of the special Transporter.
- File recovery fails if the HDD's Virtual Device Node is SATA and Transporter proceeding the job is installed on Windows
- File Recovery from Windows dynamic disks is not supported for ASUSTOR NAS
- If Transporter is installed on Windows 2008R2 or later, it is recommended to set SAN Policy to
- Deployment of source Transporter and source VM from the same Windows VM template may cause backup corruption in HotAdd mode
- Hyper-V on Windows Nano Server cannot be added to Inventory without adding missing Powershell features
- It is possible to downgrade Western Digital NAS package to an older version, which leads to lost configuration
- VM boot order in Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 can be incorrect due to API limitations
- SQL Server object recovery does not work with databases that have memory-optimized data filegroup containers
- SQL Server object recovery cannot recover system-versioned table if table with such name already exists in the SQL Server
Application log truncation is not available on VMware ESXi 4.1
SEO Metadata composedTitle v7.3 Release Notes - NAKIVO Backup and Replication Help Center
NAKIVO Backup and Replication provides support for enterprise-grade deduplication appliances, which can be used as a backup target.