Product Version: 9.0
Last Modified: 14 September 2019
During a file recovery, an empty disk is displayed.
There are several possible reasons .for the empty disk:
- The Transporter assigned to the Backup Repository is installed on Red Hat Linux version , and selinux is not disabled in the configuration file.
- The Transporter assigned to the Backup Repository is installed on Windows , and the automount option is not enabled.
- High There is a high load on the Transporter that is assigned to the Backup Repository.
- The disk is a part of RAID; the current version of the product does not support file recovery from RAID disks.
- The disk is a part of LVM; the current version of the product does not support file recovery from LVM disks.
- The disk does not have a partition table; the current version of the product cannot work with disks which that do not have a partition table.
- The disk has an unsupported partition table; the current version of the product cannot work with proprietary disk partition tables. Only the MBR and GPT partition tables are supported.
Disable selinux in configuration file
- Open the configuration file with a text editor. For example,
- Change the value of the the SELINUX= variable variable from enforcing to disabled
- Save changes and exit the text editor.
- Restart the machine where on which the Transporter is installed.
Enable automount for Windows
For the Transporter assigned to the Backup Repository and installed on Windows, enable the automount option.
High Load on the Transporter
You can either wait till until the current jobs are finished or stop them manually.
To prevent the issue in the future, you can decrease the maximum load of the Transporter:
- Open Open Configuration > Transporters.
- Edit the Transporter that is overloaded.
- Decrease the the Maximum Load.
- Save changes.
- Wait until the actual Transporter load decreases. It takes ; this may take some time.
- Try recovering to recover the files again.
During a file recovery, an empty disk is displayed. Check out the possible reasons and the best solutions for solving this issue here.