- There might be a problem with resolving DNS names on the Transporter machine.
- A Transporter might have multiple IPs, while with some of them are not reachable unreachable by another Transporter.
Make sure that:
- The Transporters can be pinged from the Director or another Transporter (using both DNS name and IP).
- If ping fails, edit the HOSTS file on the Transporter machine and specify the proper DNS resolution rules.
|TCP Port #|
|4443||Director||Used to access the Director web UI. Must be open on the Director machine.|
|9446||Transporter||Used by the Director and Transporters to communicate with the Transporter. Must be open on the Transporter machine.|
|9448-10000||Transporter||Used by Transporters for cross-Transporter data transfer. Must be open on the Transporter machine.|
Make sure Verify that:
- Required The required ports are not used by other applications.
- Required The required ports are not blocked.
- The ports are accessible from the appropriate endpoints.
- Source The source or target Transporter might be disconnected or powered off.
- AWS might be temporarily unavailable in the source or target region/availability zone.