- Click Configuration in the upper right corner of the product.
- Go to the Inventory tab and click Add New:
- In the Hostname or IP field, specify Click Microsoft Hyper-V host in the pop-up that appears.
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Display name: Type a name for the host that will be displayed in the inventory
- Hostname or IP: Specify the hostname or IP address of the Hyper-V server.
- Username and Password
- : Specifycredentials of the Hyper-V server that you want to add to the inventory.
NOTE: The credentials you specify should have full administrative privileges to the Hyper-V server
- WS MAN port: Specify the
- port number for WS MAN
- Click Add.
After the process has completed successfully, you can exit Configuration and create jobs with the newly discovered VMs.
NOTE: When adding a new Hyper-V server to the inventory, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will automatically install the following in the server:
- The Transporter service: This service will be used to read data from source VMs during backup and replication.
- The Changed Block Tracking (CBT) driver for Hyper-V 2012(R2) servers: This driver will track changes inside Hyper-V VMs at the block level. Instead of reading an entire VM disk in order to identify changed data, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will request the CBT driver to provide a list of changed data blocks, which will enable fast incremental backup and replication of Hyper-V VMs.