- Open the Azure Portal by going to portal.azure.com
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure with your Microsoft 365 account credentials.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the Dashboard or from the Portal Menu.
- In the left menu, click App registrations.
- Click New registration on the App registrations page.
- On the Register an application page, enter a name for the application and click Register.
The application has been successfully registered and Tenant ID and Azure Client ID are displayed (Directory (tenant) ID and Application (client) ID respectively).
- Click View API Permissions to add the necessary permissions.
- Click Microsoft Graph.
- Click on the Application permissions tab.
Provide the necessary API permissions. Refer to Required API Permissions from Microsoft 365 for details.
Note title Note
- To skip discovering Exchange Online mailboxes, OneDrives, or SharePoint Online sites in the inventory, disable the API permissions for the corresponding service.
- If the necessary API permissions for Microsoft Exchange Online/OneDrive for Business/SharePoint Online are not provided, the corresponding service will not be discovered by NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- If the necessary API permissions for Microsoft Exchange Online contact and calendar items are not provided, the items will not be supported for backup and recovery operations.
- To recover messages and contacts containing a lot of content, you also need to enable full_access_as_app for Office 365 Exchange Online in APIs my organization uses.
- Click Update Permissions.
- Click Certificates & secrets>New client secret to create a new client secret for your app.
- Enter a description for the client secret, select the expiration period, and click Add.