With Cross-Platform Recovery, you can seamlessly protect VM/physical machine data across multiple platforms and virtualized environments. You can also benefit from the following other advantages:
- Data Migration – whether a disaster renders one of your hypervisors/physical servers unavailable, or you simply make a the decision to switch to a single-platform virtualized environment, Cross-Platform Recovery can be of help. Export your VM or physical machine backup data in the desired format, and know that you can recover on a different platform without encountering any incompatibility issues.
- Long-Term Data Archiving – the specifics of your line of business or legislative requirements may require you to store backups for years. With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can easily export and store data offsite for as long as you need. Moreover, if your choice of virtualization software changes over time, you shouldn't have any problems recovering from your old backups in the new environment.
- Recoverability Testing – the fact that you have a backup does not automatically mean you can recover from that backup. Cross-Platform Recovery gives you the freedom to test different scenarios of recoverability in multiple environments, thus helping ensure business continuity. With Cross-Platform Recovery, no disaster can catch you off guard.
You can export VM/physical machine data from any backup into a the format of your choice in four simple steps:
- Select a backup (VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV or physical server).
- Choose one or multiple virtual disks that you want would like to export.
- Specify the target location and export format (VMDK, VHD, or VHDX).
- Click a button and have the data of each selected disk exported into a separate file.
Once exported, the files can be used for recovery or long-term storage.
Cross-Platform Recovery allows for unrestricted data protection across different hypervisors, physical servers machines and cloud platforms. Whether one of your hypervisors or physical servers machines is down or you need to migrate data from one platform to another, Cross-Platform Recovery gives you the necessary tools for seamless cross-platform data protection and recovery.