- NAKIVO Backup & Replication injects a runtime VSS Driver into the VM.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication requests the VSS Driver to create a quiesced checkpoint.
- VSS Driver uses VSS inside a Windows VM to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If OS quiescing fails to create an application-consistent checkpoint, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
Hyper-V 2016 / and 2019 has an implementation of VSS, so it the VSS is used for the Applicationapplication-aware mode.
- Incorrect credentials to the VM
- Insufficient level of permissions
- VM access:
- Incorrect Windows firewall configuration inside the VM
- Integration services:
- Integration services are not configured properly.
- Incorrect configuration of the VM OS configuration
- Credentials. Make sure that:
- You are using the right credentials for the VM.
- Credentials you are using have administrative permissions.
- VM access. Make sure that:
- Windows firewall allows access to TCP port 9446 from the Director.
- Integration services. Check if they are up and running.
Hyper-V 2016 / and 2019
Make sure that the requirements for the Applicationapplication-aware mode are met.
Hyper-V 2012 doesn't have an implementation of VSS, so when the Application-aware mode is enabled, the checkpoint works as described here.