To allocate more RAM to the NAKIVO Director service you need to extend the JAVA heap memory size parameters. To do this, take the following steps:
- Stop NAKIVO Backup & Replication Director service.
- Increase the maximum heap size (Xmx) and minimum heap size (Xms) in the following NAKIVO Backup & Replication configuration file:
- For Windows OS: native\win32\backup_replication-service.ini
- For Linux: choose the file that corresponds with your distribution and startup system:
- For NAS devices: You can find the file on your NAS device by running the following command:
find / -name "nkv-dirsvc"
Example (for Windows OS)
Note that it is not possible to set the JAVA heap memory size parameters to a value larger than the RAM size.
3. Start NAKIVO Backup & Replication Director service.