NAKIVO Backup & Replication is installed on a NAS hard drive (not on the NAS Flash memory), so if you remove the hard drive from the NAS you will also remove the product from it.
Prior to installing NAKIVO Backup & Replication onto a Western Digital MyCloud NAS device, make sure the following requirements are met:
- Your Western Digital MyCloud NAS model is supported by NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- You have access to the NAS My Cloud Dashboard.
- You have NAKIVO Backup & Replication installer for Western Digital NAS available on your computer.
Please follow the steps below to install NAKIVO Backup & Replication on a Western Digital MyCloud NAS device:
- In the My Cloud Dashboard, click Apps. The list of installed NAS applications opens on the left side of the page.
- Above the list of NAS installed applications click Install an app manually. The File Upload dialog opens:
- In the File Upload dialog, navigate to your copy of NAKIVO Backup & Replication installer and click Open. The installation progress bar opens.
- When the installation finishes successfully, a dialog box opens with a message informing you about it. Click OK to close the dialog box.
After installation, NAKIVO Backup & Replication will appear in the list of installed NAS applications. To access the product, do either of the following:
- Open the https://<NAS_IP>:4443 address in your browser.
- In the list of installed NAS applications, click NAKIVO Backup & Replication and then click Configure.