Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 28 Jan 2016
The following error message appears:
When the “Application-aware mode” is enabled, the snapshot works as follows:
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication injects a runtime VSS Driver into the instance.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication requests the VSS Driver to create a quiesced snapshot.
- VSS Driver uses VSS inside a Windows instance to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If OS quiescing fails to create an application-consistent snapshot, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
The error may be caused by:
- Incorrect credentials to the instance
- Insufficient level of permissions
- Instance access:
- Incorrect configuration of the instance security group
- Incorrect Windows firewall configuration inside the instance
- Instance configuration:
- Incorrect configuration of the instance OS
- Credentials. Make sure that:
- You are using the right credentials for the instance.
- Credentials you are using have administrative permissions.
- Instance access. Make sure that:
- Instance security group allows access to TCP ports 445 and 9445 from the Director.
- Instance configuration. Make sure that:
- Your instance OS is supported for EC2 application-aware processing.
- The "File Services" or "File and Storage Services" role is enabled in the instance.
- Default administrative shares are enabled in the instance.
- SMB 2 protocol is enabled in the instance.