Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 24 May 2016
Can NAKIVO Backup & Replication be configured to store backups in Azure Cloud?
If yes, how can it be achieved?
NAKIVO Backup & Replication can be integrated with Azure to provide an on-demand offsite backup destination.
There are the following options available:
Deploying a Transporter in Azure and Using Local Storage
To integrate NAKIVO Backup & Replication with Azure by installing a Transporter and using local storage, follow the steps below:
- Deploy an Azure Virtual Machine with one of the supported operating systems.
- Attach and mount a new disk to this Azure VM that will be used for store backups.
- Upload and install Transporter on this Azure Virtual Machine.
- Add the Transporter to the product Configuration
- Create a Backup Repository in the attached and mounted disk.
- Create and run backup jobs.
- Recover data from backups.
Using Azure File Storage over SMB Protocol
To integrate NAKIVO Backup & Replication with Azure by using Azure file share, follow the steps below: