Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 04 Jan 2016
The following error message appears:
- When the “Application-aware mode” is enabled, NAKIVO Backup & Replication uses VMware OS quiescing to create VM snapshot.
- In turn, VMware OS quiescing uses VSS to freeze I/O requests of applications inside the OS.
- If VMware OS quiescing fails to create an application-consistent snapshot, NAKIVO Backup & Replication displays this error.
- Update your virtual infrastructure (especially the hypervisor on the source host) to the latest version.
- Update VMware tools on the machines you protect to the latest version.
- Check if there are any Volume Shadow Copy Service errors in the Windows logs on the source VM.
- Try to manually create a snapshot with the following settings:
- "Snapshot the virtual machine's memory" option must be deselected.
- “Quiesce guest file system” option must be selected.
If the manual snapshot does not work, the problem is likely caused by VSS configuration.