Product Version: 9.3
Last Modified: 12 March 2020
When adding a Windows 10 to NAKIVO Backup & Replication inventory with appropriate credentials that have local administrator access, the following error appears:
If a target Windows machine does not belong to one of the latest Active Directory domains (Windows 2003 and above), most likely the problem is caused by the enabled Remote UAC which prevents a local administrative account from accessing ADMIN$.
To solve this problem, you need to disable Remote UAC by taking the following actions:
- On the machine that you wish to add to inventory, right-click the Start button and then choose Run.
regeditin the Open box and click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- Click the Edit tab, select New> DWORD value called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and assign it a value of 1.
- Optionally, reboot the machine.
- Add the physical machine to the inventory again.