Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 04 Jan 2016
VMware VM processing fails. The following error message appears:
- There might be a problem with resolving ESXi host DNS name on the Transporter machine.
- ESXi host might have multiple IPs, while some of them are not reachable by the Transporter.
Make sure that:
- Source and target ESXi hosts can be pinged from the appropriate Transporter (using both DNS name and IP).
- If ping fails, edit the HOSTS file on the Transporter machine and specify the proper DNS resolution rules.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication requires the following TCP ports to be open for successful VM processing:
|TCP Port #|
|4443||Director||Used to access the Director web UI. Must be open on the Director machine.|
|9446||Transporter||Used by Director and Transporters to communicate with the Transporter. Must be open on the Transporter machine.|
|9448-10000||Transporter||Used by Transporters for cross-Transporter data transfer. Must be open on the Transporter machine.|
Used by Director and Transporters to access VMware infrastructure. Must be open on vCenter Servers and ESXi hosts.
Used by Transporters to access VMware infrastructure. Must be open on ESXi hosts.
Make sure that:
- Required ports are not used by other applications.
- Required ports are not blocked.
- The ports are accessible from the appropriate endpoints.
- Source or target ESXi host might be disconnected or powered off.
- Source or target Transporter might be disconnected or powered off.
Make sure all ESXi hosts and all Transporters are available.