Product Version: 6.0
Last Modified: 29 Dec 2015
- vCenter Server is unavailable.
- ESXi hosts managed by the vCenter Server cannot be selected as a target for recovery.
- ESXi hosts managed by the vCenter Server cannot be added to the Inventory as separate nodes.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication keeps vSphere Inventory information in the internal database and refreshes the information by querying the vCenter Server. If the vCenter Server is unavailable, information about the VMware infrastructure (hosts, datastores, VMs, etc.) is not provided by the vCenter Server. Since NAKIVO Backup & Replication knows which ESXi hosts are managed by the vCenter Server, adding them again as standalone nodes is prohibited.
Please use the following workaround to recover VMs:
- Disassociate ESXi host where you want to recover VMs, from vCenter Server:
- Log in directly to the ESXi host.
- Select the host node in the Inventory panel.
- Open the Summary tab.
- In the Host Management section, click Disassociate host from vCenter Server.
- Detach the Backup Repository from which you want to recover VMs.
- Install a new (temporary) copy of NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
- Log in to the new installation and do the following:
After the vCenter Server is restored, do the following:
- Add your ESXi host back to the vCenter Server, if required.
- Detach the backup repository from the temporary instance of the product.
- Attach the backup repository back to the main instance.